Navigation Menu+

Chevrolet Impala 1970

Posted on Mar 23, 2011 by in Showcase - Stellan, Stellan Englund | 0 comments

 

Just like the Chieftain  this was a long over due project. I started it in 2005 but sort of hesitated just before reaching the finish line. A fairly featureless body demanded action and i tried to simulate a really difficult case of rust. I think I got a bit carried away back then and now it was not much to do about it. I had to live with it and went into damge control mode. To make the car a bit more varied in its state I shaved a few chrome parts away and drilled a few small screw holes to mark the attachment points. The original colours were not far from the end result, I just brought out the airbrush and simply put a few layers of Vallejo over the brush paint job from before in order to make it really faded. A bit of oils brought the rusty areas back to  life.

Submit a Comment

E-postadressen publiceras inte. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *